Conversation Starter Questions for the Trail
We had a fun conversation starter brainstorm session at our recent Wilderness Ministry Institute guide training in Colorado. Here is a list of some of the meal questions people came up with for trail conversations:
· What is your favorite animal noise and make it?
· What would be your super power (can’t be flying)?
· If you had a one-way ticket to anywhere, where would it be and why?
· Explain your last bowel movement in a movie title.
· What’s your secret passion?
· If you were ruler of the world what would be your first decree?
· What do you think people’s biggest misconception of you is?
· When was the last time you felt loved?
· What’s one of the most courageous things you’ve done?
· What makes you get up in the morning?
· What’s the closest you’ve ever been to death?
· What’s something you fear?
· What’s something you regret?
· What’s something you want to change?
· What’s one thing you wish people knew about you?
· If you could make three phones call to tell someone you love them, to tell someone your sorry, to tell someone you miss them, who would these people be and why?
· What would you want written on your tombstone?
· If you could name your auto-biography what would it be?
Here are a bunch more questions for your guide manual or trail journal: