A Helping Hand for Start-Ups: The 10 Essentials of Starting Outdoor Ministry Programs
This start up kit is an overview for getting an outdoor ministry started. These tips will help you get organized and focus on essential components of a successful outdoor ministry program.
(Please check back, this resource is being uploaded soon!)
1. Schedule Your Leadership Training for Guides First!
2. Identify Your Guide Team Leaders & Empower them to Shepherd Your Guides
3. Be Precise About Your Guide Team Leader’s Responsibilities
4. Recruiting Guides May be the Most Important Thing You Do
Guide Applications and Reference Forms
Interview Questions & the Guide Selection Process
5. You Have to Have Participants to Have Trips!
6. Don’t Cut Corners on Clothing & Equipment
7. Route Creating Tips
8. Create a Learning Culture by Debriefing Your Trips
Evaluate Your Guides to Encourage Them and Increase their Potential
Evaluate Your Trips So Nothing Slips Through the Cracks
9. Food Packing & Sample Menus
10. The Absolute Necessity of Administration: 80% of What Needs to Happen is Behind the Scenes