PROJECT 18’S VISION
To ignite the God-given potential and purpose within young people, empowering them to lead extraordinary lives.
WHY PROJECT 18 EXISTS
Only 18% of residents in Pitkin County* report being part of a faith community, compared to 50%+ nationally. Project 18 was created to introduce kids, teens and families to Christ in a way that meets the needs and interests of our population. It is our intention to grow the 18% number, and in conjunction, love, serve, support and develop relationships with kids and teens from the time they are small (or get involved with our program) until they successfully graduate high school.
WHAT MAKES A SUCCESSFUL WILDERNESS ADVENTURE TRIP?
1. Participants come away with a greater understanding of their own self-worth and unique gifts and how those fit into the bigger picture.
2. Participants come away with a greater respect for and love of God and God’s creation. Participants have a greater understanding of God’s love for them in light of creation.
3. Participants come away with a greater appreciation for the unique gifts and personalities of those they are with, understanding that each person has something to contribute and offer.
DURATION OF TRIPS OFFERED
Project 18 offers trips that are 1 day, 2-3 days, 4-5 days, or 6-7 days.
EXPEDITIONARY LEARNING ELEMENTS TYPICALLY INCLUDED IN THEIR TRIPS
- Daily devotion or quiet times
- Solo experience (either a few hours or day-long solos)
- Teachable moments or trail talks along the journey
- Having participants share their testimony or life story
- Peak climbs
- Other: mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing
Trips cost in the rage of $150-$200