Alpiniş expresses the vision and dedication of the MLI team to equip and reach the young generation in Romania with the Gospel through camps, outdoor activities and retreats.
BRIEF HISTORY OF HOW ALPINIS GOT STARTED AND WHY IT EXISTS
Founded in January 2001 by a group of dedicated Romanian Christians, MLI together with enthusiastic international partners acknowledges and addresses both spiritual and physical needs of the Romanian people through two ministries:
– Church Development – MLI assists churches in their mission through three programs: Church Partnering, Church Based Leadership Development and Alpinis Camps and Retreats.
– Children at Risk – MLI address the physical and spiritual needs of the most disadvantaged categories in Romania: children at risk.
WHAT MAKES A SUCCESSFUL WILDERNESS ADVENTURE TRIP?
Two words: safety and impact. A successful trip should bring participants together into a community where through the whole experience (leadership, wilderness experience, relationships and outdoor activities) they encounter Christ.
HOW ALPINIS INTRODUCES PEOPLE TO CHRIST
Every activity is part of a whole program which has as its focus introducing people to Christ and nurturing their faith.
DURATION OF TRIPS OFFERED
They offer 4-7 day trips.
EXPEDITIONARY LEARNING ELEMENTS TYPICALLY INCLUDED IN THEIR TRIPS
- Daily devotion or quiet times
- Solo experience (either a few hours or day-long solos)
- Teachable moments or trail talks along the journey
- Having participants share their testimony or life story
- Peak climbs
- Rock climbing
- Practicing and Teaching Leave No Trace Ethics
Trips cost in the range of $100-$150.