Mount Hermon’s Kidder Creek borders the Marble Mountain Wilderness and the Klamath National Forest, and sits in the shadows of majestic Mount Shasta in Northern California. These outdoor arenas offer us opportunities for Whitewater rafting, Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Backpacking, High Ropes Course and an unforgettable Peak Ascent. Kidder Creek offers services to the public without discrimination and with a special use permit from the Klamath National Forest.
MOUNT HERMON’S VISION
Make a difference in lives for Jesus Christ!
BRIEF HISTORY OF HOW MOUNT HERMON GOT STARTED AND WHY IT EXISTS
Founded in 1905, Mount Hermon was the first Christian camp west of the Mississippi. We’ve always been both evangelical and interdenominational, consistently proclaiming Jesus as Lord and Savior, teaching the authoritative Word of God and serving churches and Christian ministries both here and worldwide. Mount Hermon’s origins trace to the American evangelist Dwight L. Moody, whose conference center founded in the east influenced our original program and facilities.
Now over 100 years later, Mount Hermon is still a place of retreat from daily stress and rigors, a place for discovering and renewing one’s relationship with Jesus Christ. Our “high” view of the Bible as God’s authoritative Word permeates our programs, encouraging an environment where the truths of Scripture can be taught, understood and applied in daily living.
Over our history, Bible teachers participating here have included many of the most highly respected preachers and teachers in the world. By God’s goodness and faithfulness, Mount Hermon has grown to be one of the largest—and acclaimed as one the finest—Christian camp and conference facilities in the world.
Since its inception in 1976, Kidder Creek has time and again given young people a dramatic experience in the outdoors. Our well-trained, relational staff lead youth to be challenged by the life-transforming message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
ACTIVITIES OFFERED AT KIDDER CREEK
- Traditional trail rides
- Instructional training on horseback
- High country horse pack experiences (including couples, deer hunting and fly-fishing adventures)
- Ropes course – Enjoy this unique experience and conquer your fear as you reach new heights during your adventure at Kidder Creek.
- Pond area – Besides a great waterfront, the Kidder Creek pond features a water slide, a climbing iceberg, and an adjacent athletic field.
- Fly fishing – Kidder Creek is in the perfect location for fishing, and offers a fly fishing weekend with full guide service that takes advantage of these superb fishing waters.
- Deer and pheasant hunting – these are great outdoor adventures, led by experienced Christian guides, in a unique, natural setting.
DURATION OF TRIPS OFFERED
They offer 3-7 day trips.
Trips cost in the rage of $100-$500.