GLORIETA CAMPS’ VISION
To inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships, and biblical truth.
BRIEF HISTORY OF HOW GLORIETA CAMPS GOT STARTED AND WHY IT EXISTS
Glorieta Camps is an extension of the camping model, mission, and philosophy of Camp Eagle in Rocksprings, TX. A little over a year ago God gave us the opportunity to expand our ministry to the Glorieta Baptist conference center. We exist to inspire Christ-like. Within that mission we have nine program, one of which is a wilderness program. We serve groups and individuals both. We desire to offer wilderness programing and guiding on the highest industry standard available.
WHAT MAKES A SUCCESSFUL WILDERNESS ADVENTURE TRIP?
Success is defined in safety of the trip, satisfaction of the participants, and evaluation of how well we met the needs of the participants.
HOW GLORIETA CAMPS INTRODUCES PEOPLE TO CHRIST
We use the combination of outdoor adventure, authentic relationship, and biblical truth.
DURATION OF TRIPS OFFERED
They offer 1-14+ days trips and also have a 9-month Gap Year and Semester Course!
EXPEDITIONARY LEARNING ELEMENTS TYPICALLY INCLUDED IN THEIR TRIPS
- Daily devotion or quiet times
- Solo experience (either a few hours or day-long solos)
- Teachable moments or trail talks along the journey
- Having participants share their testimony or life story
- Peak climbs
- Rock climbing
- Practicing and Teaching Leave No Trace Ethics
- Other: Mountain Biking, We teach course that focus on skills and risk management
Trips range from $400-$500.